Be in the Game
Refereeing promotes a life-long love of the game.
Referees are part of a community and all about mateship.
There are pathways in place, development opportunities and refereeing is a vital part of New Zealand Rugby’s high performance programme.
Refereeing is action packed, physically and mentally challenging, and takes training and selfdiscipline to improve – just like playing the game.
BE IN THE GAME – 3 Pillars:
• Form of playing rugby
• In the action
• Teamwork, fun and exciting
• Change: “keep your boots on”, “no ref, no game”, “without a ref” To: “In the action all the time”, “teamwork, fun”, “be in the game”
• Pro referees as ambassadors
• Refereeing has a performance pathway
• Promote refereeing to a younger audience
Refereeing is rugby:
• Physically & mentally active
• Involved in the game and action
• Part of a team
North Harbour Rugby Referee Association
North Harbour Stadium, Appian Way, Albany | P.O. Box 33396, Takapuna
Telephone: (09) 447 2111 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | W: www.nhrra.co.nz